We will be updating this list throughout the COVID-19 crisis. If you have information on an important resource for families or ways that parents and children can help their community, please email our editor Jessica Gregg at email@example.com.
Check these websites for academic information and other resources provided to students.
- Frederick County Public Schools
- Frederick Community College COVID Response
- Hood College COVID Updates
- FCPS School Directory
- FCPL Student Resources
- Frederickliteracy.org online resources
County Health Resources
- Business in Frederick Toolkit
- Business in Frederick Impact Survey
- Maryland Department of Commerce Resources
- Frederick County Chamber of Commerce
Other Maryland Resources
- Food Banks: Montgomery County, MD
Parenting during this time
Here is a list of activity ideas and fun resources for your family.
NEW: Art Activities from the Baltimore Museum of Art
NEW: Make art from everyday objects with these instructions from the American Visionary Art Museum.
NEW: Aquatic activities from the National Aquarium
Also from the National Aquarium: Three live cams
Taking Care of Yourself
Here are self-care tips for parents and personal essays. Take care of yourself, moms and dads!
How You and Your Kids Can Help
Is your neighborhood engaged in an effort to help others at this time? If so, let us know. Again, you can email our editor Jessica Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- #CarryoutWednesday (or any day): Support small businesses by ordering carryout from your favorite local restaurant on Wednesday or any day.
- The Maryland Historical Society is looking for first-person accounts for their latest initiative, “Collecting in Quarantine.” Here’s how you can share your story.
To all of our readers, please stay safe and healthy! We are thinking of you during this time and will do our best to get you the information you need.